I learned this fruit combination from my mother when I was in my teens. I disliked tomatoes then, and although I eat it now, I still cannot stomach to drink the juice. My mother used to tell me to drink it for good skin but it was just too hard do. She had the idea of blending it with mangoes to fix the unpleasant taste, and it turned out quite delicious.
Instead of tomato juice, I'm using here one piece of blanched ripe tomato, mixed with water and mangoes. This smoothie mix is very filling, and has a very nice fruity herbal taste.
- Two (2) sweet mango "cheeks"
- One (1) piece medium size blanched ripe tomato
- 1 small sprig of Fresh Malunggay leaves - the taste of fresh malunggay leaves can be "spicy", you have the option to lessen the amount of leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- Scoop out the mango flesh, put in the blender with the tomato, malunggay leaves and 1/2 cup of water.
- Mix to smoothie, add more water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Pour into a glass, add ice.
- Drink right away or you can cool in the fridge.
- Best to consume it within the day.